Tuesday, August 14, 2007

helloooooo

Dear friends back in Singapore,
SOrry i havent been updating my blog as much as i should coz i know some of you only get updates of me from my blog. I have got good news to share which some of you migh already know............ I HAVE DECIDED TO GO BACK TO SINGAPORE AT THE END OF THIS YEAR to complete my 6 years of bond. haha maybe this doesnt come as a surprise to some people who do not know that i am comptemplating staying on in Australia. Well...i shouldnt proclaim this dishonourable thing out loud also. So there i am going back to Singapore ! hee i cant wait ! a few months ago, i was like anti Singapore. MAny people here thought i was malaysian which is a compliment to me. haha...somehow the malaysians feel Singaporeans are competitive, demanding and speaks in a not so easy going way. So..haha...i guess i am a good singaporean. Sometimes it just takes one single person to ruin the impression of others on their home country. Like my ex housemate from dubai...ok i shall not bad mouth anybody here. But you should really see how extremely dirty she is. Dig her ears till the cotton bud ends r black and then leave the cotton buds around the sink when the dustbin is 1feet away? okok..theres alot more, but i shall not grouse anyone more. hahaha ...so complaining v bad.
Recently a friend and spiritual mentor of mine told me this from Dr AR Bernard " the main reason for a man's downfall is DISCONTENTMENT" . The good thing about sharing my heart with this friend is that i don't feel like i will be judged even though she is a spiritual leader. SHe has true conviction with the verse in the bible that says we shouldnt judge others becoz Jesus does not judge us. Anyway about the verse, it struck a chord in my heart. Discontentment, i tink i have alot of that recently. I havent been thankful enough to God. Thankful for the little and big things that He has given me. I shall attempt to list the things i shall be thankful for
1) being given a scholarship and monthly allowance
2) being overseas to experience overseas life no matter how tough it is ..
3) having mostly good housemates who i can talk to and spend time with
4) having a place to stay in
5) having a casual job at subway where i get a free subway sandwich after each shift and where i get to meet difficult customers and australian colleagues. I also get extra pocket money to spend on the things i want
6) having a supportive family who is always giving me advice that i need and help and bringing me to eat and bringing me my stuff from Singapore when they visit
7) friends in SIngapore who continue to keep in contact with me.
8) lisa > this friend i really am grateful for. I called her yesterday at 545pm to just ask if she can help me do a new pair of spectacles so my family can bring over next monday, and she did it all and got the spectacles by 10pm despite the fact tt she was going for a show and dinner to celebrate 2 freinds birthday. Thats very impressive and v touching. This is what i call going all out for a friend in need. Sometimes i think i havent appreciated her enough. Its like proximity breeds comtempt. How best friends knowing each other so much that the little flaws become big. I know i have lots of flaws too and i really need to remind myself tt i am not perfect either.
9) sabrina > a really good friend, even at work or doing overtime, she will talk to me and ask me how i am and provide godly and good advice. Sometimes her advices r so good, they make me cry becoz they r the things i refuse to do but know i should. Sabrina is a beautiful person. her beautiful character shines out like nobody i know.
10) klessis > hhahaa my spiritual mentor and leader. Always concerned about me and always catching up on people's lives by making an effort to read people's blogs no matter how busy she is with church work and little Joey. Sometimes i also think i dun appreciate her enough. I was even complaining to sabie one time tt i feel like nobody cares abt me in Singapore. When i realised that people do still remember me and even mention me during cell refreshments etc, ifeel so bad for even having a doubt tt nobody remembers me.
11) people like sharine, xiangcen, xiaowei and of coz gary..who i noe still catches me on this blog...

there ..easily more than 10 things to be thankful for and probably even more if i continue to think .....thank you God for all these things...forgive me for being discontented and faithless..

Recently i have been quite stressed. I have been doing alot of reading. Reading up on my woundcare modules and also 3 other books. I am quite a easily confused and complicated person. I wish i can be simple. I wish i can be more sensitive to God's voice and be more obedient in the ways he wants me to take. Maybe then i wont be in the mess i am in now. Hhahaha

anyway ...will update more frequently now...hee
gotta go ..bye

5 Comments:

At 2:16 pm, Blogger Sharine said...

looking forward to see you soon!!! :)

 
At 3:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so happy to know u are coming back soon!!!!!!

 
At 10:00 pm, Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

Dear Estee, i totally agree with you about sabie..... she's really a very nice person with a beautiful heart...... she's been such a blessing in our cg, always a faithful steward, caring and loving.... thank God so much for such a great and wonderful sister.

 
At 7:29 pm, Blogger Sabrina said...

Estee!! U are coming back!! Yay!!! :) Wanna see you soon!!!

 
At 2:48 am, Blogger olenju said...

Hello Estee! Though I have never really spoken to you b4, truly, through reading your blog, I feel like i do know a part of you! :) I will be back in Sing b4 u and I am so excited too! Indeed, praise God and thank Him for his provision!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home