Monday, May 21, 2007

Was reading the book of samuel today and chanced upon a well known chapter of David and Goliath. Although such a common story, this chapter gave me more faith upon reading it.
Goliath was a giant in the army of the philistines since he was a boy. When Goliath challenged the Israelite army to a one on one fight, every single person in the army of the Israelites were full of fear and nobody had the courage to step out even when King Saul offered a great reward.
David, a boy at that time taking care of his father’s sheeps was the first and only person who stepped out and said he would fight goliath. What impacted me most is when david said “ the Lord who saved me from the claws of the lion and the bear will save me from this philistine’ (NLT). In every single task that the lord had put in our paths (such as david being put in charge of caring for his father’s sheeps), the Lord has a purpose and the purpose of the little things will lead to the greater plans the Lord has for us. Through the little every day tasks, the Lord is moulding and training us to be his warriors. Physically, mentally, emotionally, we are being trained.
In caring for sheeps, David has learned how to go after lions and bears with his club when they come and steal a lamb, he had learnt to catch the animal by the jaw and club it to death. Even though David’s experience was specific to lions and bears, he did not have a doubt that he could fight a giant man trained in the army for most of his life. David never questioned his ability. He had never allowed his lack of experience be an excuse to shortchange the power and strength he believes that the Lord has planted in him since birth. The Israelite army did not have faith. They had head knowledge that their abilities were based on experience and since they never had the experience of fighting a giant, they all thought they surely could not do it. David had faith. He did not see himself as his own, but He saw himself as God’s own. THE LORD WHO SAVED ME , he said. He added ‘TODAY THE LORD WILL CONQUER YOU’ to goliath who had looked down on him. ‘ IT IS HIS BATTLE, NOT OURS. THE LORD WILL GIVE YOU TO US’. I can say I wish I can be a person like David, whose faith took away his fear. It is time I stop wishing. It is time to believe that ‘ YES THE LORD WILL DELIVER ME FROM MY CIRCUMSTANCES.’ To some others ‘YES THE LORD WILL GIVE ME THE JOB OF MY DREAMS’ , ‘YES THE LORD WILL PROTECT ME AND HEAL ME FROM ALL SICKNESSES’, ‘YES THE LORD WILL GUIDE ME IN MY ASSIGNMENT WRITING AND IN MY EXAMS’.
We have tools to do the basics, such as to use our hands to write, use our time to revise, do research, study, but beyond that, a lot of things are beyond our control. I am weak for I am human. I have limitations to the things I can and want to do. But I do my best and pray and believe that God will surely do the rest!
DO MY BEST AND GOD WILL DO THE REST !
God always sends help in the little voice of the Holy Spirit (that we must learn to hear) or in the form of other people, angels in disguise.
I may be young, little experience, not too smart, but like David, I believe God can make me a success. You can be a successful lecturer, businessman, trader, husband, wife, daughter, son, mother, father, friend etcetc. I can be a head nurse even though I may not be the best now, I can be a nursing lecturer in the most prestigious nursing university, I can be the best mother to my kids in the future and the best wife to my husband, the best daughter to my parents, the best friend to my friends..all because of GOD….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home