Tuesday, May 29, 2007

happyyyyyyy

Today is such a happy day! Actually for the past week, everyday has been very happy! Today is exceptionally superbly feel good day coz my statistics presentation went better than I expected! I am totally bad at anything to do with economics or statistics. I have taken 3 introductory modules on statistics before, once in college, once in university in Singapore and a third time here in curtin university. But not once had I felt like I fully grasp the concepts and understand the statistical methods or theory. To me, statistics is a whole mesh of illogical S***. Hahahaha. Just last night when I had a run through practice with X for the statistics presentation today, I was still feeling unsure of my slides and what I was saying. I felt like if anybody were to ask me any qns, I would surely not know how to answer them. Tell me to present for anatomy, biosciences, ethics, nursing practice etc and I can be sure that I can present without even preparing side notes. But for statistics, I had to have notes to read from. For all the previous statistics presentations by other people, 99% of the time, I didn’t have any clue what they were talking about. I was thinking in my mind “ s***, what the h** is this bulls***’ haaa…. I know I should stop swearing (s*** is a curse word in Australia, but I use it all the time in Singapore and here Lor…now gotta censor it hehee) . Anyway I shld stop beating around the bush. Today 4 people presented including me. I was the last one to go up basically coz everybody else were so enthusiastic to do theirs and I was the passive girl sitting there and being passive. Hahaha… among the 3 who went before me, 1 was quite badly done I must say , 1 was so damn cheem again like the first 4 last week coz these people do statistics in depth and the third one was good and well explained and clearly delivered. During my presentation, I was surprisingly calmed and organized in my delivery. I felt like I knew what I was talking about and didn’t need any approving looks from the audience to keep my calm. Basically I just felt approved without trying to see if the audience and teacher r approving of me.. Must be God working! Thank you X for your prayer this morning and thank you God for answering my prayers from this morning ! God is wonderful. At the end of the presentation, the teacher said “ wow estee, I am very impressed with you presentation. You really went down to the mathematics involved in statistics, good job. I really enjoyed it” and he also didn’t shoot me any questions and neither did he attempt to explain to the group about the things I presented which he did for the other 3 people. Basically I got the best comments for today! I am so happy ! Even though what I presented is not superbly cheem statistics, but God turned it around and made it simply impressive! Hee…and today I felt like my prayer about “god let them not despise my youth and lack of experience” has come true! After my presentation, my professor kept giving me approving nods and looks which he never did before! Hallelujah! Later going to watch pirates of the carribean with my beloved housemates kylie and jenny…the little things can be so happy when we learn to see them as it is and not think too much into tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is X??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home